classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Artifactory 4.0.2 locate artifacts in local filesystem

alvaro.gomez
Hi there,

I was wondering where Artifactory stores the artifacts(i.e jar files) in the local filesystem, all that I can reach by now is the
location in:

/var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/backup/backup-daily/current/repositories/<repository>/<groupID>/<artifactID>/<version>/artifact.jar

but it is normally an outdated version of a brand new upload to the repository, digging more I could find some weird files in:

/var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/data/filestore/12/12dd7c3acac0cd71866a64bd89f165d3ca285cb4

Which currently has the same file size than the one I've just oploaded and (curiously) has a SHA1 hash exactly identical than the name of this file.

My question is: how can I fetch the newest artifact and where can I find it through the local filesystem that is Artifactory installed on?

And by the way, How artifactory converts these files into "real" files with an automated task? Is it possible to know which task perform this change?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Artifactory 4.0.2 locate artifacts in local filesystem

dave_p
When Artifactory (the web application) is asked for “/com/yourcompany/project/artifact.jar” it looks up the checksum in its database and then goes out to the filesystem to find “data/filestore/12/34567890ABCDEF123456” or whatever. Then it renamed the file back and sends it to you.

The hash-name file you found is the actual file - it’s a common file storage method, although I don’t personally know what the benefits are (just an IT guy, not a dev.) I suppose, at the very least, it provides automatic dedup, and also allows for easy versioning of files that might all be named similarly. (Have 10 versions of artifact.jar? Different checksums, no problem.)

The file under “backup-daily” is, well, a backup, done by the automated backups in Artifactory. You can schedule those from the admin page.

The backup is a more boring maven repository directory structure - I think you might be able to import that into other repo managers as well. (Maybe not, don’t hurt me!)

Regards,
Dave P.

On Sep 2, 2015, at 9:27 AM, alvaro.gomez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering where Artifactory stores the artifacts(i.e jar files) in the
> local filesystem, all that I can reach by now is the
> location in:
>
> /var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/backup/backup-daily/current/repositories/<repository>/<groupID>/<artifactID>/<version>/artifact.jar
>
> but it is normally an outdated version of a brand new upload to the
> repository, digging more I could find some weird files in:
>
> /var/opt/jfrog/artifactory/data/filestore/12/12dd7c3acac0cd71866a64bd89f165d3ca285cb4
>
> Which currently has the same file size than the one I've just oploaded and
> (curiously) has a SHA1 hash exactly identical than the name of this file.
>
> My question is: how can I fetch the newest artifact and where can I find it
> through the local filesystem that is Artifactory installed on?
>
> And by the way, How artifactory converts these files into "real" files with
> an automated task? Is it possible to know which task perform this change?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://forums.jfrog.org/Artifactory-4-0-2-locate-artifacts-in-local-filesystem-tp7580457.html
> Sent from the Artifactory - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Monitor Your Dynamic Infrastructure at Any Scale With Datadog!
> Get real-time metrics from all of your servers, apps and tools
> in one place.
> SourceForge users - Click here to start your Free Trial of Datadog now!
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=241902991&iu=/4140
> _______________________________________________
> Artifactory-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/artifactory-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------