classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Artifactory incorrectly reporting latest artifact version

josefhar
Hi all,

I'm having a frustrating issue with Artifactory 4.0.2 that I hope someone can help with. I have an IBM Urban Code Deploy (UCD) server that uses the Artifactory Source Configuration plugin to pull down binaries from the Artifactory server. When I make a request to do so on UCD, the response indicates that the UCD server already has the latest artifact version; but there are newer versions on Artifactory! I have verified that the latest version in the maven-metadata.xml file for the artifact in question is 1.0.0-10, but the response to UCD says:

Version from artifactory: 1.0.0-7
UCD already contains version 1.0.0-7. A duplicate will not be created.

I am thinking the issue might lie on the Artifactory side, and not with UCD, as I assume UCD simply makes a blind call to Artifactory saying "please tell me the latest version available with this group and artifact ID", and then decides whether or not to download based upon this.

The UCD Artifactory plugin is: com.ibm.urbancode.air.plugin.source.artifactory, version: 2

I've looked through the Artifactory logs and don't see anything immediately obvious. Any ideas where to start with this one?

Thanks in advance!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Artifactory incorrectly reporting latest artifact version

darnone
The are three Maven integrity plugins - one for Artfactory and one for Maven - both of type source config.  Then there is an automation plugin called Maven Resolve.  The Artifactory and Maven source config plugins behave differently.  The Artifactory source config plugin does not distinguish between snapshot builds so if you import artifact -SNAPSHOT 1.0, it isn't matter how many subsequent snapshot you produce, UCD thinks tis already imported.  Instead configure the Maven source config plugin as you would you for Artifactory (they look similar) and you should be able to pick up the snapshot versions.

David