Quantcast

Artifactory repository serving URLs that point to localhost:8080

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Artifactory repository serving URLs that point to localhost:8080

Tim Boudreau
This is probably a dumb newbie question, but here goes:

I'm running a copy of Artifactory here http://timboudreau.com/mvn/ - it's running on Tomcat 6, being
proxied by Apache (until I close the port you can also reach it at http://timboudreau.com:8080/artifactory/)

For use by maven, in POM file <repository> sections I'm using the URL http://timboudreau.com/mvn/repo/

This works, but all of the links from this page have urls that point to localhost:8080.  e.g.
"http://localhost:8080/artifactory/libs-releases-local/bloat/"

Is there some place to configure how the URLs are generated so that they will be correct?


I'm also finding it imposible to get "maven deploy" working - it always fails with a 400 or 401, despite
a correct username and password - e.g.

[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file: http://timboudreau.com/mvn/repo/libs-snapshots-local/com/timboudreau/webapp-file-io/1.0-SNAPSHOT/webapp-file-io-1.0-20090628.213748-1.jar. Return code is: 400

Could this be a side effect of my URL problem?

Any suggestions appreciated,

-Tim
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Artifactory repository serving URLs that point to localhost:8080

Tim Boudreau
Tim Boudreau wrote
This is probably a dumb newbie question, but here goes:
Looking further into it, it appears that the urls are correct if I go to http://timboudreau.com:8080/artifactory (but I do want to close this port soon - this is a jerry-rigged home server on an old laptop).

So I'm guessing this is actually an apache configuration issue.  I know this is not an apache list, so let me know if I should move this thread elsewhere - but perhaps somebody has this working?  This is the httpd.conf section that enables Apache to proxy Artifactory over port 80:

        <Location /mvn/>
            ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/artifactory/
            ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/artifactory/
            ProxyHTMLURLMap /mvn/ /artifactory/
#            RewriteEngine On
#           SetOutputFilter INFLATE;proxy-html;DEFLATE
        </Location>

(the two commented lines were flailing attempts to get this working that had no effect).

Anybody have this working and feel like sharing how they configured Apache?  Feel free to email me privately if this is an inappropriate topic for this list.

Best regards,

Tim
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Artifactory repository serving URLs that point to localhost:8080

Yoav Landman
Administrator
Hi Tim,

You need to use - ProxyPreserveHost on
as suggested here: http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Running+Behind+Apache+HTTPD
That should resolve the wrong URLs.

The deployment errors you are getting indicate a permission configuration problem.
Did you give the user in question "deploy" permissions on the repository path you try to deploy into (you can temporarily make the user an admin to verify it's a permission issue). Also, the server-side artifactory.log should contain more information on why deployment failed.

HTH,

Yoav

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Tim Boudreau <[hidden email]> wrote:


Tim Boudreau wrote:
>
> This is probably a dumb newbie question, but here goes:
>

Looking further into it, it appears that the urls are correct if I go to
http://timboudreau.com:8080/artifactory (but I do want to close this port
soon - this is a jerry-rigged home server on an old laptop).

So I'm guessing this is actually an apache configuration issue.  I know this
is not an apache list, so let me know if I should move this thread elsewhere
- but perhaps somebody has this working?  This is the httpd.conf section
that enables Apache to proxy Artifactory over port 80:

       <Location /mvn/>
           ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/artifactory/
           ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/artifactory/
           ProxyHTMLURLMap /mvn/ /artifactory/
#            RewriteEngine On
#           SetOutputFilter INFLATE;proxy-html;DEFLATE
       </Location>

(the two commented lines were flailing attempts to get this working that had
no effect).

Anybody have this working and feel like sharing how they configured Apache?
Feel free to email me privately if this is an inappropriate topic for this
list.

Best regards,

Tim

--
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Artifactory-repository-serving-URLs-that-point-to-localhost%3A8080-tp3171245p3171292.html
Sent from the Artifactory - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Artifactory-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/artifactory-users


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Artifactory-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/artifactory-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Artifactory repository serving URLs that point to localhost:8080

Tim Boudreau
Yoav Landman wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> You need to use - ProxyPreserveHost on
> as suggested here:
> http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Running+Behind+Apache+HTTPD
> That should resolve the wrong URLs.
>  
Thanks so much!  That did it!  Amen!
> The deployment errors you are getting indicate a permission configuration
> problem.
> Did you give the user in question "deploy" permissions on the repository
> path you try to deploy into (you can temporarily make the user an admin to
> verify it's a permission issue). Also, the server-side artifactory.log
> should contain more information on why deployment failed.
>  
The user in question has deploy permissions - and I've used that user to
deploy artifacts via the web interface.  I've tried both with and
without a master password and password encryption (non-encrypted gets me
a 400 error, and IIRC, encrypted gets me a 401).  This is the relevant
section in $HOME/.m2/settings.xml

    <localRepository>H:\LocalMavenRepository</localRepository>
    <mirrors>
        <mirror>
            <id>artifactory</id>
            <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
            <url>http://timboudreau.com/mvn/repo</url>
            <name>Artifactory</name>
        </mirror>
    </mirrors>
    <servers>
        <server>
            <id>timboudreau.com</id>
            <username>mgr</username>
            <password>xxxxxxxx</password>
<!--            <password>{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=}</password> -->
            <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
            <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
            <configuration></configuration>
        </server>
    </servers>

Any ideas?

-Tim


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Artifactory-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/artifactory-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Artifactory repository serving URLs that point to localhost:8080

Frederic Simon
In the URL http://timboudreau.com/mvn/repo/libs-snapshots-local/com/timboudreau/webapp-file-io/1.0-SNAPSHOT/webapp-file-io-1.0-20090628.213748-1.jar seems to be wrong. The pattern is <a href="http://servername/[artifactory">http://servername/[artifactory context name]/[repo name] and in your case you have /repo/libs-snapshits-local.
Removing /repo/ in the distribution management should fix this, Ithink?

HTH.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Tim Boudreau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yoav Landman wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> You need to use - ProxyPreserveHost on
> as suggested here:
> http://wiki.jfrog.org/confluence/display/RTF/Running+Behind+Apache+HTTPD
> That should resolve the wrong URLs.
>
Thanks so much!  That did it!  Amen!
> The deployment errors you are getting indicate a permission configuration
> problem.
> Did you give the user in question "deploy" permissions on the repository
> path you try to deploy into (you can temporarily make the user an admin to
> verify it's a permission issue). Also, the server-side artifactory.log
> should contain more information on why deployment failed.
>
The user in question has deploy permissions - and I've used that user to
deploy artifacts via the web interface.  I've tried both with and
without a master password and password encryption (non-encrypted gets me
a 400 error, and IIRC, encrypted gets me a 401).  This is the relevant
section in $HOME/.m2/settings.xml

   <localRepository>H:\LocalMavenRepository</localRepository>
   <mirrors>
       <mirror>
           <id>artifactory</id>
           <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
           <url>http://timboudreau.com/mvn/repo</url>
           <name>Artifactory</name>
       </mirror>
   </mirrors>
   <servers>
       <server>
           <id>timboudreau.com</id>
           <username>mgr</username>
           <password>xxxxxxxx</password>
<!--            <password>{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=}</password> -->
           <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
           <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
           <configuration></configuration>
       </server>
   </servers>

Any ideas?

-Tim


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Artifactory-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/artifactory-users



--
JFrog Ltd
5 Habonim st., P.O.Box 8187
Netanya, Israel 42504.
Tel: +972 9 8941444    
Fax: +972 9 8659977
http://www.jfrog.org/
http://freddy33.blogspot.com/
http://nothingisinfinite.blogspot.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Artifactory-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/artifactory-users
Loading...