classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can't add LDAP Groups

hans
Hello,

I just set up an instance of Artifactory OSS 4.2.0 and would like to enable LDAP authentication. Therefore I added an LDAP Server in Security -> LDAP. The LDAP Connection works, the "Test Connection" feature is successful. I am also able to login to artifactory frontend with an user account from the connected LDAP instance. Now I would like to setup LDAP Groups, too, but this just does not work. In Security -> LDAP, as soon as I move the cursor to that area, a message "Learn more about the LDAP Groups feature" appears and I am not able to click on "+ New". I also read the instructions in the documentation and also watched the LDAP screencast and I don't know what I have missed.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Hans
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Can't add LDAP Groups

shayb
Hi Hans,

The LDAP group feature is a part of the Artifactory Pro version and not available within the OSS version. See 'LDAP Groups Synchronization' in JFrog's Artifactory Comparison Matrix page.

Hope that helps,
Shay

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:10 PM, hans [via Artifactory] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I just set up an instance of Artifactory OSS 4.2.0 and would like to enable LDAP authentication. Therefore I added an LDAP Server in Security -> LDAP. The LDAP Connection works, the "Test Connection" feature is successful. I am also able to login to artifactory frontend with an user account from the connected LDAP instance. Now I would like to setup LDAP Groups, too, but this just does not work. In Security -> LDAP, as soon as I move the cursor to that area, a message "Learn more about the LDAP Groups feature" appears and I am not able to click on "+ New". I also read the instructions in the documentation and also watched the LDAP screencast and I don't know what I have missed.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Hans

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forums.jfrog.org/Can-t-add-LDAP-Groups-tp7580545.html
To start a new topic under Artifactory - Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Artifactory, click here.
NAML