classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Connect Artifactory to MSSQL Server with NT user

kthieling
Hello all,

I am in the process of setting up a new Artifactory server in RHEL 7.1 to migrate to.  Our old server is a not as stable as we would like and is using the built in Derby database.  With the new server, we would like the metadata stored in a remote SQL Server 2014 database, connecting to it with a domain user.  I have moved the necessary storage.properties file to artifactory/etc.  I believe the connection string is all set up properly, as the login is attempted.  However, we see the following in the artifactory.log:

"Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication."

and

"Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sqljdbc_auth in java.library.path"

I have downloaded the necessary driver and placed "sqljdbc4.jar" in "artifactory/tomcat/lib".  From the errors, it looks like I need "sqljdbc_auth.dll" from the same driver set, though I am not sure where exactly I need to put it for Artifactory/Tomcat to see it.  I tried to put it in the same directory as the jar with no luck.  I also tried updating the catalina.sh script classpath to point to this directory which shows this when I go to start the service:

"Using CLASSPATH:       /var/lib/artifactory/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/var/lib/artifactory/tomcat/lib/sqljdbc_auth.dll:/var/lib/artifact  "

But I still get the same error...

Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Connect Artifactory to MSSQL Server with NT user

kajbonfils
I wrote a quick guide for this and created a short 3 minutes video on how to make this work.

Please see
https://kajbonfils.com/2016/04/how-to-configure-artifactory-with-sqlserver-and-integrated-authentication/

/Kaj