Expected a folder but found a file

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Expected a folder but found a file

ikcus
We have been using Artifactory for many many years. I believe we started with version 2.2.2. Currently we are on version 3.2.0 Pro. A day ago a maven build began to fail with the following error message: Failed to resolve version for org.jvnet.staxex:stax-ex:jar:RELEASE: Could not find metadata org.jvnet.staxex:stax-ex/maven-metadata.xml in local path to .repository Of course I dug around and I am able to find the artifact in Artifactory and I can preview the xml file. Looks good. In the build output I tracked down the call to the virtual repo to download the needed maven-metadata.xml file. The call fails. The error is as follows: "Expected a folder but found a file, at: libs-release-local:org/jvnet/staxex/stax-ex/maven-metadata.xml" I deleted the staxex/ folder and thought I would let Artifactory pull a new copy from repo1. This did not fix the issue, and the same error message was presented. I also performed a re-index and still received the error. I then decided to create a brand new virtual repo, but the error continues. I will also add that the maven build requires an update and -U flag must be left on. Has anyone have a clue what is behind this issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Expected a folder but found a file

David Pierce
We had a similar problem this week.

Last weekend, the ibiblio remote repo started forwarding all directory listing and file requests to the root level of its new repository URL, which mean any request for anything from any repo that had ibiblio as part of its resolution path returned a directory listing.

Since the old ibiblio URL is one of the default remote repositories included in Artifactory 3.x, my guess is that you have "/remote-repos/" in the resolution list for your virtual repository.

Alternatively, you may be trying to resolve an artifact from the "/repo" virtual repository, which is essentially doing a system-wide search.

-Dave P.

On 12/10/2015 4:56 PM, ikcus wrote:
We have been using Artifactory for many many years. I believe we started with version 2.2.2. Currently we are on version 3.2.0 Pro. A day ago a maven build began to fail with the following error message: Failed to resolve version for org.jvnet.staxex:stax-ex:jar:RELEASE: Could not find metadata org.jvnet.staxex:stax-ex/maven-metadata.xml in local path to .repository Of course I dug around and I am able to find the artifact in Artifactory and I can preview the xml file. Looks good. In the build output I tracked down the call to the virtual repo to download the needed maven-metadata.xml file. The call fails. The error is as follows: "Expected a folder but found a file, at: libs-release-local:org/jvnet/staxex/stax-ex/maven-metadata.xml" I deleted the staxex/ folder and thought I would let Artifactory pull a new copy from repo1. This did not fix the issue, and the same error message was presented. I also performed a re-index and still received the error. I then decided to create a brand new virtual repo, but the error continues. I will also add that the maven build requires an update and -U flag must be left on. Has anyone have a clue what is behind this issue.

View this message in context: Expected a folder but found a file
Sent from the Artifactory - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Expected a folder but found a file

ikcus
Thank you so much.  This information corrected the issue and makes perfect sense.