4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Failed to retrieve artifact from repository because of corrupt metadata

Jeroen De Vries

Hi all,

I had the problem with Artifactory 2.0.4 that I had corrupt metadata information in my repository. (don’t really know how that happened), which resulted in a DataStoreRecordNotFoundException.

I found the problem on the internet, and so, upgraded to 2.0.6. It suddenly started, everything went OK for a few months, but now our build is failing for about a week because of this…

So, when I upgraded, my caches were still fucked up (Couldn’t delete this artifact), so I made new repos. They give me the same problem. The only difference is that I can delete the folders now. But that doesn’t help. Ah yes, I let it run for some time (2 days now). I read that the garbage collector had to run at least two times before things get better.

So:

-          My maven build fails with the error in attachment (mavenerror.log)

-          When I delete one of the problem artifacts (the whole folder, all versions), the same problem occurs with another artifact. But it’s a cycle, with only 3 or 4 artifacts that actually give problems. And only when I do mvn site-deploy.

-          If I go to the Maven metadata of the artifact, I get an internal error.

-          Only the folders of the different versions exist in artifactory, not the jars themselves.

-          Artifactory log gives errors as in artifactoryerror.log.

Specs:

Artifactory 2.0.6

Red Hat Linux 5.2

Datastore: mysql 5.0.54

Any more info needed? And has anyone got any ideas?

Regards,

Jeroen

BTR Services We assist Banks on their Transformation Road
Jeroen De Vries
Junior Java Developer
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium

[hidden email]
tel: +32 3 450 89 80
fax: +32 3 450 89 89

- DISCLAIMER -
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for [hidden email]. If you are not [hidden email], you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify [hidden email] immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Jeroen De Vries therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge  
This is your chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes! For a limited time,
vendors submitting new applications to BlackBerry App World(TM) will have
the opportunity to enter the BlackBerry Developer Challenge. See full prize  
details at: http://p.sf.net/sfu/Challenge

mavenerror.log (18K) Download Attachment
artifactoryerror.log (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Failed to retrieve artifact from repository because of corrupt metadata

Frederic Simon
Like you say, it looks like the maven metadata XML files of 3-4 plugins used in reports are corrupted.
To try to fix it you can do:
- Look at the maven metadata tab of all the plugins that may generate an issue (should get an error that will mark the metadata for deletion - Please send us the stack trace from the server log on this-)
- Delete all the folders that have corrupted metadata
- Change the frequency of the garbage collection to 5-10 mins (depends how long it takes on your machine): It's the parameter "artifactory.gcIntervalMins" in artifactory.system.properties
- Restart Artifactory and wait 10-20mins for 2 GC
- Your artifactory should be clean, so you can put back 60 mins for GC

HTH,
Fred.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Jeroen De Vries <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I had the problem with Artifactory 2.0.4 that I had corrupt metadata information in my repository. (don’t really know how that happened), which resulted in a DataStoreRecordNotFoundException.

I found the problem on the internet, and so, upgraded to 2.0.6. It suddenly started, everything went OK for a few months, but now our build is failing for about a week because of this…

So, when I upgraded, my caches were still fucked up (Couldn’t delete this artifact), so I made new repos. They give me the same problem. The only difference is that I can delete the folders now. But that doesn’t help. Ah yes, I let it run for some time (2 days now). I read that the garbage collector had to run at least two times before things get better.

So:

-          When I delete one of the problem artifacts (the whole folder, all versions), the same problem occurs with another artifact. But it’s a cycle, with only 3 or 4 artifacts that actually give problems. And only when I do mvn site-deploy.

-          If I go to the Maven metadata of the artifact, I get an internal error.

-          Only the folders of the different versions exist in artifactory, not the jars themselves.

Specs:

Artifactory 2.0.6

Red Hat Linux 5.2

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen De Vries
Junior Java Developer
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium

[hidden email]

- DISCLAIMER -
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for [hidden email]. If you are not [hidden email], you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify [hidden email] immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Jeroen De Vries therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

--
JFrog Ltd
5 Habonim st., P.O.Box 8187
Netanya, Israel 42504.
Tel: +972 9 8941444    
Fax: +972 9 8659977
http://www.jfrog.org/
http://freddy33.blogspot.com/
http://nothingisinfinite.blogspot.com/

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Failed to retrieve artifact from repositorybecause of corrupt metadata

Jeroen De Vries

Tried that. Still the same problem. I  have the log of these two garbage collections attached.

Note that I had to remake my caches for repo1 and codehaus, because in the originals, I can’t delete these folders with bad metadata.  They are still in my artifactory, but they are blacklisted.

Garbage collection time is set to 5 minutes here.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen De Vries
Junior Java Developer
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium

[hidden email]

- DISCLAIMER -

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 1:11 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Artifactory-users] Failed to retrieve artifact from repository because of corrupt metadata

Like you say, it looks like the maven metadata XML files of 3-4 plugins used in reports are corrupted.
- Look at the maven metadata tab of all the plugins that may generate an issue (should get an error that will mark the metadata for deletion - Please send us the stack trace from the server log on this-)
- Change the frequency of the garbage collection to 5-10 mins (depends how long it takes on your machine): It's the parameter "artifactory.gcIntervalMins" in artifactory.system.properties

HTH,
Fred.

Hi all,

So:

Specs:

Artifactory 2.0.6

Red Hat Linux 5.2

Regards,

Jeroen

Error! Filename not specified.

We assist Banks on their Transformation Road

Jeroen De Vries
Junior Java Developer

Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium

[hidden email]

- DISCLAIMER -

--
JFrog Ltd
Netanya, Israel 42504.
http://www.jfrog.org/
http://freddy33.blogspot.com/
http://nothingisinfinite.blogspot.com/

artifactory_15min.log (257K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Failed to retrieve artifact from repositorybecause of corrupt metadata

Yoav Landman
Administrator
I have created http://issues.jfrog.org/jira/browse/RTFACT-1985 for taking care of automatic cleanup in such a case.
It is already fixed on the 2.0.7 trunk (you have to let GC run at least once for the cleanup to take affect). You can try with the pre-release build at http://www.jfrog.org/files/artifactory-2.0.7-6704.zip (upgrade using the standard upgrade instructions on the wiki).

Thanks,

Yoav

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Jeroen De Vries <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tried that. Still the same problem. I  have the log of these two garbage collections attached.

Note that I had to remake my caches for repo1 and codehaus, because in the originals, I can’t delete these folders with bad metadata.  They are still in my artifactory, but they are blacklisted.

Garbage collection time is set to 5 minutes here.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards,

Jeroen

Jeroen De Vries
Junior Java Developer
Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium

[hidden email]

- DISCLAIMER -

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 1:11 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Artifactory-users] Failed to retrieve artifact from repository because of corrupt metadata

HTH,
Fred.

Hi all,

So:

Specs:

Artifactory 2.0.6

Red Hat Linux 5.2

Regards,

Jeroen

Error! Filename not specified.

We assist Banks on their Transformation Road

Jeroen De Vries
Junior Java Developer

Groene Hofstraat 31
2850 Boom
Belgium

[hidden email]

- DISCLAIMER -

--
JFrog Ltd
Netanya, Israel 42504.