classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem promoting build with jenkins artifactory plugin

stefan
Hi.

We are using the Jenkins Artifactory plugin and we can create a snapshot and staging build as we with.

However, when I try to promote a staged build, nothing happens. The form that I have just clears and I see no output like there is in the screencast that demonstrates this behavior.

Here is the relevant part in the screencast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxtQThl8B-8&t=13m52s

I get the "Artifactory Pro Release Promotion" screen, although I not only have "Target promotion repository" but also "Source promotion repository" which doesn't really make that much sense since I'm doing this in a context of a specific build that went into a specific repository, therefore I would think I shouldn't have to specify a source repository.

But when I fill the form out and click on the "Update" button, as I said, nothing happens and my artifacts are still in my staging repository.

I'm using version 2.4.7 of the Artifactory Plugin for Jenkins (no update available) and we have Artifactory Pro (version 4.2.0).

I have looked high and low in both the jenkins and artifactory logs to try to figure out why nothing happens but I am not seeing anything that has gotten me on track. I do see some activity on the artifactory server when I press the update button indicating that the plugin does start to do something but it doesn't finish the promotion.

Here's what comes into the request.log, other log files do not seem to get updated:

20160202174050|15|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/plugins|HTTP/1.1|200|0
20160202174050|2|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/plugins|HTTP/1.1|200|0
20160202174051|18|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/repositories|HTTP/1.1|200|0
20160202174051|4|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/repositories|HTTP/1.1|200|0

Any help with debugging this or figuring out what's going on would be much appreciated. I did try to increase the log level in the Artifactory logs but still couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, but then again, I don't relly know what I'm looking for.

Kind regards, Stefan Freyr.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem promoting build with jenkins artifactory plugin

stefan

Hi. 

We are using the Jenkins Artifactory plugin and we can create a snapshot and staging build as we with. 

However, when I try to promote a staged build, nothing happens. The form that I have just clears and I see no output like there is in the screencast that demonstrates this behavior. 

Here is the relevant part in the screencast: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxtQThl8B-8&t=13m52s

I get the "Artifactory Pro Release Promotion" screen, although I not only have "Target promotion repository" but also "Source promotion repository" which doesn't really make that much sense since I'm doing this in a context of a specific build that went into a specific repository, therefore I would think I shouldn't have to specify a source repository. 

But when I fill the form out and click on the "Update" button, as I said, nothing happens and my artifacts are still in my staging repository. 

I'm using version 2.4.7 of the Artifactory Plugin for Jenkins (no update available) and we have Artifactory Pro (version 4.2.0). 

I have looked high and low in both the jenkins and artifactory logs to try to figure out why nothing happens but I am not seeing anything that has gotten me on track. I do see some activity on the artifactory server when I press the update button indicating that the plugin does start to do something but it doesn't finish the promotion. 

Here's what comes into the request.log, other log files do not seem to get updated: 

20160202174050|15|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/plugins|HTTP/1.1|200|0 
20160202174050|2|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/plugins|HTTP/1.1|200|0 
20160202174051|18|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/repositories|HTTP/1.1|200|0 
20160202174051|4|REQUEST|10.3.1.80|build|GET|/api/repositories|HTTP/1.1|200|0 

Any help with debugging this or figuring out what's going on would be much appreciated. I did try to increase the log level in the Artifactory logs but still couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, but then again, I don't relly know what I'm looking for. 

Kind regards, Stefan Freyr.

p.s. apologies if this gets posted twice to the mailing list, I posted this through the web UI first but it didn't seem to go through so I'm doing it again via email.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance
APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month
Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now
Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140