classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Scanning incoming artifacts

bcoppens
Hi,

Is there a way to configure Artifacory to scan any downloaded artifact with a command-line antivirus?
If not, is there an add-on I could use?

Thanks,
Benoit

--------------------------------------------------------

Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information which is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies which may be in your possession. UCB screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that this electronic mail is free of any viruses. UCB accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail. (Ref: #*UG1107)
--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Scanning incoming artifacts

andy.engel@hotmail.de
I know no way to configure artifactory to scan with antivirus, but i can explain how i scan the downloaded artifacts.

I use Symantec Anti Virus on my pc.
Symantec Anti Virus has a "auto protect" you can configure.

And many other antivirus programs have the "auto protect" feature, too.

My "auto protect" scans automatically all files when creating, opening, moving, copying, executing.

Here the way of working:
1. I download artifact "maven-compiler-plugin" for example
2. Artifactory downloads the artifact to "c:\program files\" for example.
3. By creating the downloaded artifact on filesystem my antivirus executes the "auto protect" feature.
4. When the auto protect notice that the downloaded artifact contains an virus the artifact were automatically deleted before saving on filesystem.

Thats the way i ensure there is no virus saved on the filesystem.

I hope my copmment helps. Please let me now if you get a better solution for the problem.
Reply | Threaded
|

bcoppens
Thanks for the answer but this is not exactly what we are looking for.
I need to configure a command line antivirus because the goal is to have the files scanned by more than one antivirus.
Thanks anyway for your suggestion
Reply | Threaded
|

Tayyab
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Hi Bcoppens

I'm also looking for similar solution and not able to figure the way out. So thought of check with you if you find any way to scan incoming artifacts.

I would be highly great full to you if can share your knowledge or give me a hint on Scanning incoming artifacts.

Best Regards
Tayyab Khan
Best Regards Tayyab Khan