Trouble publishing SNAPSHOT to snapshot repository -error 409 snapshot release handling policy

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Trouble publishing SNAPSHOT to snapshot repository -error 409 snapshot release handling policy

troy
Hi, new to Artifactory (4.8.2) and Gradle (2.14) and having trouble with publishing snapshots.
I have setup local snapshot and release repositories.
I can publish artifacts with my Gradle build script to release repository no problem but cannot seem to publish snapshot builds to my snapshot repository unless I configure the repository to also "Handle Releases".
My repository is configured as a Gradle repository with "Gradle default" (Maven) layout.
I've tried the 3 different version behaviour options.
But unless I have the "Handle Releases" option checked I get the error:

HTTP error code 409: The repository 'companyx-snapshot-local' rejected the resolution of an artifact 'companyx-snapshot-local:companyx/HelloWorld/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/HelloWorld-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war' due to conflict in the snapshot release handling policy.

When I have "Handle Releases" checked and I can successfully publish, I notice also that the "Max Unique Snapshots" count is also ignored. I have this set to 3 but I've currently got about 20 snapshots published and they don't seem to get deleted - so it is as if they are not being treated as snapshots, rather as releases.

Any hints on what I might be doing wrong?