What repos are contained in JCenter?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What repos are contained in JCenter?

dserodio
We're in the process of migrating from an ancient Artifactory 2.6.6 installation to a brand new Artifactory Pro 4.10. Our legacy Artifatory has lots of remote repos without include patterns, so it's performance is sub-par and troubleshooting failing artifacts is very time-consuming.

I'd like to have the same artifacts available in our new Artifactory, but have the least amount of remote repos as possible, so I hope that proxying the JCenter repo is enough for most of the artifacts that we need.

Does anyone know which Maven repos are proxied and/or served by JCenter? The only information about this I could find is "JCenter is a superset of Maven Central".

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Serodio

PS.: Please forgive is this post appears duplicated, I posted yesterday via the mailing list and I didn't receive a copy via email and it didn't appear in Nabble, so I'm trying again via Nabble.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What repos are contained in JCenter?

shayb
JCenter is basically the biggest java repo that exist today and not just includes other repositories content in it, but also unique packages that distributed through Bintray only. For java/maven artifacts, you normally don't need anything but JCenter, this is why the old java/maven repos that existed in Artifactory 2.x default configurations are no longer required.
For java, I'll recommend you to start with Artifactory that proxies JCenter only which is better in terms of performance anyway (I can elaborate if you are interested), you can always add more remote repos later if needed.

Good luck with Artifactory 4

Shay

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM, dserodio [via Artifactory] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We're in the process of migrating from an ancient Artifactory 2.6.6 installation to a brand new Artifactory Pro 4.10. Our legacy Artifatory has lots of remote repos without include patterns, so it's performance is sub-par and troubleshooting failing artifacts is very time-consuming.

I'd like to have the same artifacts available in our new Artifactory, but have the least amount of remote repos as possible, so I hope that proxying the JCenter repo is enough for most of the artifacts that we need.

Does anyone know which Maven repos are proxied and/or served by JCenter? The only information about this I could find is "JCenter is a superset of Maven Central".

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Serodio

PS.: Please forgive is this post appears duplicated, I posted yesterday via the mailing list and I didn't receive a copy via email and it didn't appear in Nabble, so I'm trying again via Nabble.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forums.jfrog.org/What-repos-are-contained-in-JCenter-tp7581144.html
To start a new topic under Artifactory - Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Artifactory, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What repos are contained in JCenter?

dserodio
Thanks Shay.

From your post history, it seems like you work for JFrog, so I hope you can help me with this :)

I need org.springmodules:spring-modules-cache:0.9 which is not in JCenter, but I can find it in this repo: https://repository.mulesoft.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/

How can I go about adding this repo above to JCenter?

Thanks,
Daniel Serodio