I am having trouble starting artifactory as a windows service on windows 10. This is what I did:
1. Downloaded artifactory-oss-4.4.0 from https://www.jfrog.com/open-source/.
2. Unzipped the download to C:\Jfrog\artifactory-oss-4.4.0.
3. Created a environment variable ARTIFACTORY_HOME=C:\Jfrog\artifactory-oss-4.4.0
4. Right clicked on my command prompt and opened via 'Run as administrator'.
5. Navigated to C:\Jfrog\artifactory-oss-4.4.0\bin inside my command prompt
6. Executed 'installService.bat', which was successful.
When starting the Artifactory service I receive the following error:
The Artifactory service failed to start due to the following error:
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.