deploy artifact together with coresponding POM file

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

deploy artifact together with coresponding POM file

maras
How can i deploy artifact into artifactory together in coresponding pom file?

I have  an artifact with coresponding pom file. How to load the artifact file to the Artifactory so that its GAVC parameters are saved according to the information contained in the corresponding  pom file?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: deploy artifact together with coresponding POM file

mori
Hi,

You might find this guide useful for your question, but here's a short summary of the steps you need to take:

1. Generate the settings.xml file using Artifactory: Home -> Maven Settings -> Generate Settings and save it under your Maven home directory. Make sure to edit the username and password to match your own.
2. Go to Artifactory and under the 'Artifacts' tab click on the repository you wish to deploy to.
3. In the General tab you can copy the Distribution Management section and paste it to your POM.xml.
4. Now you can deploy to artifactory using mvn deploy.

Thanks,
Mor
Reply | Threaded
|

maras
I was not precise. I meant uploading artifacts via GUI. Is there possibility to upload pom file together with the file it reletes to? with
Reply | Threaded
|

itamarb
Hi,

Not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve, but when deploying from the UI, you can only deploy one file at a time. However, you can deploy both files (POM and Jar) to the same path and Artifactory will calculate the metadata according to the pom file deployed.

Artifactory can also generate a POM file either from the internal POM file in your jar or from the maven coordinates the jar file is deployed to. So in such a case, you can only deploy a Jar file and Artifactory will generate the POM file.

HTH,
Itamar